Monday 4 July 2011

The wonderful world of Corfu

CORFU 

I'm skipping ahead here to day 16 here, not because the others places were crap but most were very action packed and I cant really be bothered typing that much :) 

So Corfu... 
I had never heard of Corfu before and only after booking the tour did I know it was in Greece! 
I know I have said this about every other place I have been to but Corfu is wonderful! It didn't look how I expected ( cliffs covered on white house with sparkling blue water below, apparently that is santarini) but was still fantastic! We got to spend 3 full days here and we spent probably three quarters of that time at the beach, only emerging to do a beer run at the market ( 1 big beer was 1.20 euro, bargain) 

One of the days we were there we went on George's boat, a cruise around to lots of different swimming spots and to skinny dippy  island ;)  This is the day I decided I didnt want to wear sunscreen and got really really sunburnt! Was in so much pain that afternoon! Meet an older couple from Ireland who swore by putting natural yoghurt  on sunburn and I was desperate enough to try it! Lol! Not really sure if it worked but it was cold so it helped a bit! 

Our third day on the island we spent by the pool! We were all pretty sunburnt and there was no shade on the beach so we hired loungers and sat by the pool for the whole day! 

I wish I could upload some photos to prove to you that it is beautiful but you will just have to believe me until I get home! 

Xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment